With temperatures above 30° C we’re quickly approaching summer. We start to appreciate the good things in life like sitting outside and having a drink after work or simply meeting up with friends to enjoy the sun. Or, to make it short, living the Italian way of life. To make you feel even more Italian here comes of first ever recipe of the week – Pasta con Salame. Buon appetito!
All you need are these ingredients:
• 3/4 pound pasta
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
• 1 onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
You can easily add all ingredients to your Toby list by clicking the button below (for now only works on iOS, Android will follow very, very soon).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage; cook through until no longer pink. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add onion and garlic to skillet. Add broth, basil and tomatoes with liquid.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to slightly reduce. Add chopped spinach; cover skillet and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is tender.
- Add pasta to skillet and mix together. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
We would love to hear what you think and feel free to send us a picture of your Pasta con Salame 👌 Also, if you have any modifications for this recipe please share them with us so everybody can benefit from your creations 😊 Enjoy the sunny days, Alla Salute!